Tuesday, January 15, 2008

HARRYZZZ VIDEO: THE IMMEDIATE AFTERMATH OF THE BOMBING ON US EMBASSY VEHICLE IN BEIRUT, LEBANON

As I live about 800 meters away from the place where a US embassy vehicle and other cars were blown up today in the Lebanese capital Beirut, I drove/ran towards the scene immediately after I heard a very loud bang. Took my video camera with me.

Total death toll stands now at three people killed, over 10 wounded. As I could see it, there was ONE embassy vehicle hit by the blast. Here is a little 2 minute or so clip of what I saw (double click inside the frame to start the video):



Harald Doornbos

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great work!

Unknown said...

And this happends 800 meters from your house? Sounds frightning, or do we get used to everything after a while? But keep up the good work!

Harald Doornbos said...

Might sound strange, but a journalist is always satisfied when he - finally - is in the right place at the right time. You have no idea how difficult that is.

cheers,

Anonymous said...

Although I am not a journalist I also like to be always at the right time at the right place. Unfortunately I never succeed. :)

Gerard