Tuesday, January 15, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: BOMB ATTACK ON US EMBASSY CONVOY IN BEIRUT KILLS AT LEAST TWO

I just came back from the scene of a bomb attack on an American embassy convoy, which took place 55 minutes ago around 800 meters from my house, here in Beirut.

At least two vehicles were hit by a powerful bomb. At the time of the attack, I heard a huge explosion. Many windows in my street are broken. I drove to the scene immediately.

At the scene the following:

Blast happened in an area of East-Beirut, called QARANTINA

Total of around ten vehicles were affected by the bomb.

One vehicle totally destroyed by the blast. It was impossible to see what kind of car this was. Inside two dead and charred bodies.

Close to the fully wrecked car with the bodies another vehicle, also pretty much affected. Nobody inside this vehicle, no traces of blood.

In front of both these cars (70 meters), an ARMOURED US EMBASSY Chevrolet (see picture above, done with my mobile so not very good quality). Medium destroyed by the blast. Vehicle had Lebanese number plates. How do I know it was an armoured car? Well, I knocked on the windows.

(this is a continuing story - come back for frequent updates)

Harald Doornbos

No comments: